For a great overview of the city, read this blog by Honeytrek
Having a second home in Mexico is the dream of many Americans and Canadians who seek to have the best of both worlds.
If you choose to buy a home or condominium, and many do, it is important to have reliable oversight of your property in your absence.
Maintaining any vacation property from a distance can be worrisome even domestically. Learning how to oversee repairs or renovation projects with workers who speak another language and understanding what things should cost in a different country takes time.
How will you know if you are paying the appropriate amount for repairs, and whom should you hire? What if a tropical storm comes through while you are gone? Who will take the precautions necessary to protect your property, and investment, from rain and wind damage?
Elise moved from British Columbia, Canada to Mazatlan in 2002 after working in Vancouver International Airport for global ground services and customer service for Pacific Coastal Airlines.
In Mexico, she first worked with King David Co, Sender Mexico and oversaw the renovation of Hacienda Blue Bay hotel in the Marina area of Mazatlán, making it profitable within the first year.
She owns a successful property management and concierge service and has developed deep and productive relationships in the Mazatlán community. She is fluent in Spanish and includes companion translating in her services.
Elise was adviser to "If Only I Had a Place," a book on renting in Mexico and is included it its listing of rental concierges.
Property Management Services
* Local bills checked for accuracy and paid in timely fashion
* Detailed statements and hands-on oversight of expenditures.
* Consultation on what competitive rates are for repairs and services
* Oversight of workers and cost negotiation for repairs and maintenance work
* Air conditioning monitored
* Taps, showers, toilets run
* Appliances all in working order
* Airing out and mildew prevention in property
* Periodic Light Housekeeping
* Key transfers and Meet-and-Greet for guests who may visit when you are away.
"How Experienced Expats Use Concierge Services" - Ventanas Mexico
"Buying Property in Mexico" by Julie Doherty Mead for Expat Exchange
"How to Maintain Property in a Coastal Area" - Ventanas Mexico